1. Conor's parents were in town and helped me and baby tremendously! I don't know how I could ever tell his mom in words how much her help meant to me!
2. The other day I was kissing on Henry's cheek and he smiled and giggled. I know it seems early... newborn babies don't really smile and laugh at things but I swear he did. And boy did it melt my heart.
3. We have been brought meals in our home almost every night since we got home from the hospital. We even received an exceptional Sunday brunch - french toast, scrambled eggs, bacon and orange juice. It was a real treat.
4. Henry is healthy! This is something that I worry about constantly. You could definitely call me a germ-o-phobe. I thank heaven every night that he is healthy.
5. My parents are coming to town TONIGHT! They are flying here as I type this and it makes me want to shout for joy!
6. Walking past campus at night in shorts and a t-shirt and seeing all of the Christmas lights. Mele Kalikimaka! I love warm weather at Christmas.
7. Our beautiful friend Bethany (who was our labor and delivery nurse the night Henry was born) comes and visits me in my home to help me with nursing. I didn't know nursing was going to be one of the biggest challenges of my life and so far I think Bethany has saved my life (or at least my sanity) 50 million times.
8. My husband is superhuman. Yes, he is definitely learning how to be a new dad but he is so helpful and calming when I think I just can't do it anymore.
9. Wrapping Christmas presents! I love wrapping. I love it.
10. We have been watching old episodes of the TV show Cheers. The other night baby was sitting peacefully in his bouncer while Conor and I danced around him singing along to the theme song "Making your way in the world today takes everything you got. Taking a break from all your worries should would help a lot.... You wanna go where everybody knows your name!" The moment was so sweet I thought my heart would burst.