January 13, 2012

Short Story + New Blog Site

salad2Hello everyone! Yesterday was a doozy. We had a long list of things that needed to get done, and on top of that a doctor's appointment and a trip to Target to get a new rocking chair (the chair is heaven but the drive to Target is over an hour for us). Needless to say we were stretched to full capacity. Then somewhere in the middle of all the craziness that is our life right now I realized that my blog was not working. I thought I would give it some time and it would come back to life. You know... like blogger was down or something? Hours later still nothing. I eventually realized, and a lot too late, that I had let my domain registration expire and would have to pay an exorbitant amount of money to get it back. After getting over the initial anger and frustration of that discovery I was then informed that I actually could not buy it back even if I wanted to because some one else already bought it. Yes, that's right! Someone had "janereactionblog.com" on back order. They were just waiting for me to get so distracted having a baby that I never saw the email notifying me that my registration was up, so they could swoop in and snatch it up. Who would have thought? I'm still trying to figure out how that happened. Well anyway, now if you go to the old blog site you will see some really nice Japanese characters and some flowers? Some one tell me how things like this happen?!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BLOG!

I decided to do what I wanted to do a few months ago - which is combine my blog and my design site into one. I have been hesitant to do this for many reasons but the main reason is because I didn't really want perspective clients to see so much of my personal life. I especially didn't want anyone to know that I had a baby because I have found that for some people that means you all of the sudden can't work as hard. But, I finally feel pretty confident that when people hire me they really are hiring ME! They want me to design something for them, not just some random girl in the middle of the pacific ocean. My clients often turn into friends and people that I stay in touch with long after the project is over. I have totally embraced the fact that I have a life aside from working and I love that my clients respect that. So if you are still following me on my little blog journey after 4 years thank you!! and you can continue to follow along at www.janereaction.com.

So now you are probably wondering why the picture of a salad? Well, I am doing a little guest post for blogging friend Damaris Palmer over on Kitchen Corners this weekend and I would love if you stopped by over there and checked it out.

3 comments:

Cassandra Dias said...

Oh that sucks about your old domain getting stolen, but everything happens for a reason, and I'm totally digging the new site with everything incorporated together! Off to bookmark it now.... :)

leavesofgrass said...

....i went to your old url and was a bit surprised! but now i've got your new url saved and love the new look!

mmelledge said...

Those Japanese people are so sneaky... I should know since I married one. Watch your back!